Turks and Caicos islands are a British overseas territory consisting of larger Caicos islands and smaller Turks islands. Grand Turk is a British territory island in the Turks and Caicos Islands in the Atlantic Ocean, It is the capital island of the Turks and Caicos with an area of 7 square miles (largest island in the Turks islands). Grand Turk may be small but it’s packed with stunning crystal clear beaches and historic charm.
These photos are from our Eastern Caribbean cruise trip during the second week of February, 2019
Grand Turk is home for many gorgeous beaches. The excellent Cruise Center beach also known as SunRay beach which is very close to cruise ship pier has all the facilities like restrooms, shower, beach accessorizes, restaurants and gift shops. To avoid the cruise crowd here you can go to Governor’s Beach which is just 1.5 mile away. For more privacy take a shared ride for less than $10 to Pillory beach , English Point Beach or Cockburn town beach. Depending on your interests there are other activities you can do like scuba diving, snorkeling, ATV tours, Boat tours, Island tour with open air truck, horseback riding etc (more info here).
- Visas and Documents
- U.S. citizens: No visa required, need to carry a valid ID
- For non-U.S. citizens: Need a valid passport and visa
- Best Time to Visit: December to May
- Peak Season: December to March
- Affordable season: April to May
- Hurricane Season: June to November
- Weather is warm, so pack lightweight causal t-shirts, shorts, sundresses, tank tops, swimsuits and a light jacket for the cool evenings