The Alaska’s Inside Passage is a coastal water route for cruise ships and boats between the Gulf of Alaska and the northwestern coast of the U.S known as Puget Sound. The Inside Passage cruise ship’s route stops at few of the Alaskan ports such as Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Sitka, Haines and British Columbian ports like Vancouver and Victoria. The Inside Passage route is a round-trip cruise from Seattle or Vancouver. This route is famous for its spectacular glaciers, wildlife-filled fjords, waterfalls, and lush green island scenery. Sailing through the Inside Passage is the most wonderful memorable experience.
These photos were taken during our round-trip cruise from Seattle to Alaska in the last week of August 2013!
- Best time to visit: June to September
- Ports: Seattle, USA and Vancouver, Canada
- Cruises: Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Princess, Disney, Holland, Regent Seven Seas, and Oceania
- It is cool, so plan to dress in layers. Comfortable jeans, shorts, T-shirts, warm jackets, coats, scarfs, caps, gloves, comfortable walking shoes
- What to Expect
- Glaciers, Snow-capped mountains, Fjords, Waterfalls, Iceberg-dotted lakes, Valleys, Wildlife, Rugged coastlines, Lush Green Islands