Driving through the historic Klondike Highway is an extraordinary memorable experience. The 445 mile/715 km highway passes through three different states (provinces): Alaska, British Columbia, and the Yukon. The gorgeous and unique landscapes can be seen once you cross the US border. There are many vista points worth stopping at along the Klondike highway to capture this exceptional picture perfect landscape. The most photographed among them is the Yukon Suspension Bridge. The Yukon Suspension Bridge is 65 feet long above the white-water rapids Tutshi river. The walk across this bridge is thrilling and the views are stunning.
These photos are from our motor coach tour to White Pass Summit and Yukon Suspension Bridge during the last week of August, 2013.
- Make sure you have valid passports and visas since the Klondike Highway crosses US-Canada border
- Best time to visit: June to September
- Port of Call or Fly Into: Skagway, Alaska
- It is cool, so plan to dress in layers. Comfortable jeans, T-shirts, warm jackets, scarfs, caps, gloves, rain jackets, comfortable walking shoes
- What to Expect
- Glacier, Snow-caped rugged mountains, Fjords, Waterfalls, Sparkling turquoise lakes, Alpine tundra, Winding rushing rivers, Wind-battered rocks, Abundant forest of old trees, Wildflowers, Wildlife, Gorges, Tunnels, Historic sites
- Best things to do
- Take a tour to experience The Yukon & Suspension Bridge. There will be an entry fee to view/cross the bridge and exhibits if not included in your tour. There is a cafe, restaurant, gift shop and restroom