San Francisco Bay is one of California’s most popular regions spread across the city of San Francisco and the surrounding counties. San Francisco is famous for its Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island, Steep Streets, Golden Gate Park, Pier 39, Union Square, and many more. The Bay Area is also home to Silicon Valley and Wine Country.
We only had half a day, so we only made a couple of quick stops to get a glimpse of SFO. These decade old photos are from our visit to SFO in early April 2010. Time to visit again!
Quick Facts and Tips
- Best time to visit: Spring and Fall
- Always dress in layers and wear comfortable shoes
- Best Things to do
- Golden Gate Bridge
- Point Bonita Light House
- Half Moon Bay
- Alcatraz Island: Recommended to book in advance
- Twin Peaks
- Walk or Cable Cars Ride through Pier 39, Fisherman’s Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, Lombard Street, and Union Square
- Golden Gate Park
- Muir Wood
- Museums: Palace of Fine Arts, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Asian Art Museum
6 replies on “A Short Visit to San Francisco Bay Area, CA”
Thanks for sharing! I would love to visit California in the future!
Thank you! Hope you will be able to make it next year!
These are decade old photos, we visited in 2010.. We want to visit again.
Thanks Jyothi! I hope so! I hope you can visit again as well❤️
I’ve always wanted to do the Alcatraz Island Tour. Very nice photo of the Grape Crusher Statue in Napa Valley!
We would like to visit Alcatraz too, hope will be able to make it someday 🙂 Thank you!
Hi on my list and thanks for the information. Well researched and presented thanks.