The Alaska’s Inside Passage is a coastal water route for cruise ships and boats between the Gulf of Alaska and the northwestern coast of the U.S known as Puget Sound. The Inside Passage cruise ship’s route stops at a few of the Alaskan ports such as Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Sitka, Haines, and British Columbian ports like Vancouver and Victoria. The Inside Passage route is a round-trip cruise from Seattle or Vancouver. This route is famous for its spectacular glaciers, wildlife-filled fjords, waterfalls, and lush green island scenery. Sailing through the Inside Passage is the most wonderful memorable experience.
These photos were taken during our round-trip cruise from Seattle to Alaska in the last week of August 2013!
1 / 24
Quick Facts And Tips
- Best time to visit: June to September
- Ports: Seattle, USA and Vancouver, Canada
- Cruises: Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Princess, Disney, Holland, Regent Seven Seas, and Oceania
- It is cool, so plan to dress in layers. Comfortable jeans, shorts, T-shirts, warm jackets, coats, scarfs, caps, gloves, comfortable walking shoes.
- What to Expect
- Glaciers, Snow-capped mountains, Fjords, Waterfalls, Iceberg-dotted lakes, Valleys, Wildlife, Rugged coastlines, Lush Green Islands.
- The itineraries that sail through the Inside Passage travel two full days on the open Pacific Ocean, which can be rough. Be prepared for sea sickness/motion sickness. Carry some motion sickness medicine.
- It is a good choice to choose a balcony stateroom on the 7-nights or longer cruises which provide more time to relax and enjoy scenery in the private balcony area.
- Dress in layers. Weather is unpredictable in Alaska.
- Select a ship that embarks midweek or choose shoulder season (late April, May or September) to avoid crowds.
27 replies on “Inside Passage, Alaska”
All would picturesque movie scenes
Wao, what beauty
Jyothi please comment on http://www.dailytraveldiaries.com now, changed web hosting
Amazing place, lovely series!
So beautiful! An Alaskan cruise in our bucket list, but it will be awhile before we cruise again. Thanks for the tour!
Hope you will be able to make it soon! Thank you!
Stunning photographs, Jyothi, what a magnificent part of the world.
Indeed!! Thank you Leighton!
Wow Alaska looks magnificent!!!
Yes.. truly it is!
Lovely photos, especially the sunsets!
Thank you Diana. The sky looks stunning during sunrise!
Thank you Irene!
Stunning photos! I see the cruise ships leaving Vancouver (when they were sailing pre-Covid) but have never done this.
Hope you gonna make it soon Caroline!
Gorgeous pictures! The scenery is simply stunning.
A beautiful journey! My son lived in Seattle years ago and worked on ships going up and down the Alaska coast. This was a regular route for him – I’m glad to see it through your eyes!
Aha..Nice to hear that! Thanks!!
Those skies are stunning – what a beautiful journey to take 🙂
Stunning, especially those sunsets 💛
Alaska is scenic with stunningly beautiful places.