Tracy Arm is renowned for its twin glaciers, North Sawyer Glacier and South Sawyer Glacier lie at the end of the Tracy Arm Fjord. Tracy Arm is a fjord and it spreads over 30 miles alongside the Tongass National Forest, near Juneau. It is almost 45 miles south of Juneau and 70 miles north of Petersburg, Alaska. Sailing through this deep and narrow passage gives you the stunning scenery of Alaska. You will be amazed by the breathtaking views of more than a mile tall mountain peaks carved by active glaciers, floating deep blue icebergs, plunging waterfalls, evergreen cliffs, and wildlife.
These photos are from our 7 nights cruise to Alaska during the last week of August, 2013.
Quick Facts and Tips
- Best time to visit: June to September
- Port of Call or Fly Into: Juneau (Alaska)
- It is cool, so plan to dress in layers. Comfortable pants, T-shirts, warm jackets over t-shirts, scarfs, coats, caps, gloves, comfortable walking/hiking shoes/Snow boots.
- What to Expect
- Active Glaciers, Snow-capped Mountains, Fjords, Floating Deep Blue Icebergs, Plunging Waterfalls, Gorges, Evergreen Cliffs, Glimpse of Wildlife.
- Take a boat tour from Juneau, in case the cruise ship does not sail through the glaciers.
- You need a one full day to visit the Tracy Arm Fjord.
- Other Attractions
- Visit and enjoy the massive view of Mendenhall Glacier, Mendenhall lake and Nuggets Falls.
- Glacier Bay National Park: Offers stunning scenery with enormous glaciers, pleasant rainforests, hidden fjords, and a rugged coastline.
22 replies on “Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska”
So serene and beautiful, especially loved the second pic. Amazing landscape
Beautiful Alaska. I hope I will visit one day!
Thanks Anna! Alaska is beautiful! Hope you get a chance to visit!
Oh wow … a stunning scene. Well done!
Alaska looks magical, wow!
Loved the post
These picture are so amazingly beautiful, you must have had a great time
Wow , Nice to see Alaska content jyothi 🤩🤩 Hope even I will see Glazier mountain in your blog 😍😍
Your post reminded me of my trip to the Fjords in Norway 🙂 .
Beautiful landscape pictures, Jyothi!!
Stunning and breath taking pictures Jyothi. Looks like a paradise.
Wow, I can’t believe all the stunning scenery you saw in Alaska! I especially am drawn to the bright turquoise lakes.
Stunningly beautiful place. Thanks for sharing it with the world.
This is truly beautiful. Thanks so much for this
Gorgeous shots, Jyothi! 🌞
Nature is beautiful ❤️
I haven’t been to Alaska..great image of the Fford.
Wow the colour of that water is incredible!
Wow that’s gorgeous