Amber Cove is one of the Caribbean’s newest cruise terminals in Puerto Plata Province in the Dominican Republic. This new cruise port has a large shopping village with restaurants and a huge swimming pool with a swim-up bar. You can relax at the port by renting the beautiful, spacious, air-conditioned floating or hillside cabanas, or do some fun activities like water sliding, zip lining, etc.
These photos are from our Eastern Caribbean cruise trip during the second week of February, 2019.
Quick Facts and Tips
- Make sure you have valid passport, visa and documents
- Best Time to Visit: December to May
- Peak Season: December to March
- Affordable season: April to May
- Hurricane Season: June to November
- Weather is warm, so pack lightweight casual t-shirts, shorts, sundresses, tank tops, capri, skirts, swimsuits, rain gears and a light jacket for the cool evenings
- Best things to do
- It’s easy to walk around and explore within the cruise port.
- Enjoy the live show, the exhibition of Dominican carnival huge masks, tropical palm trees, man made waterfalls.
- Enjoy shopping at the variety of local shops in the shopping village. They have pretty wooden crafts, clothing, local coffee, chocolate, and other unique gifts.
- Gear up and fly on the zipline over the huge swimming pool. $20 for an all-day zip lining.
- Enjoy the free water slides and lazy rivers at the resort style pool. The pool also has a swim-up bar and plenty of lounge chairs to relax.
- Take a short walk to the Sky Bar to have a stunning 360 panoramic view of the port.
- Rent a Beach side/Hill side colorful cabana and relish the nature.
10 replies on “Amber Cove, Puerto Plata”
Beautiful pictures Jyothi. Looks peaceful and serene.
I like the floating cabanas and huge masks!
Yaa. same here!! Thank you!