Popular Hikes on North Cascade National Park, Washington
- Gorge Creek Falls: Paved short and sweet 0.5 mile loop trail that features a waterfall, gorge, and Skagit river. Picture and more info here.
- Rainy Lake Trail: Easy and paved 2 miles round trip that offers gorgeous views of the lake with snow capped mountains and waterfalls in the backdrop. Trail is best used from July to October. Picture and more info here.
- Washington Pass Trail: An easy paved 0.2 mile trail from the parking lot leads to an observation deck overlooking the highway below, Liberty Bell Mountain, and many of the surrounding ridges and peaks. Picture and more info here.
- Nooksack Falls Trail: A short and marked trail that offers 88 feet glacial falls in two segments down the North Fork of the Nooksack River. Picture and more info here.
- Picture Lake Trail: A short and sweet paved 0.4 mile loop trail that features an awesome reflection of Mount Shuksan on the Picture lake. As the name suggests, Picture Lake is truly picture perfect. Try to get there early to catch sunrise at Picture Lake. Picture and more info here.
- Chain Lakes Loop Trail: Trail begins at the Artist Point where Mount Baker Highway ends. This trail offers stunning views of Mount Baker, Mount Shuksan, and Iceberg Lake. This spectacular day hike is a 6.5 mile loop trail considered moderate and leads through sweeping views of mountain vistas and waterfalls along the lake shores and heather meadows. The trail is very narrow and is very high up so keep your eyes on the trail. Picture and more info here.
5 replies on “Best Trails in North Cascades National Park, Washington”
If possible, Jyothi, as much of India, did you see Victoria Memorial, in Central Kolkata?
No Joanna. Unfortunately we have not visited many places in India 🙁
Thrust me, Jyothi, India is the best!
Stunning photos, as always 🙂
Stunning picture and great info on the trails Jyothi