Connecticut is one of the original 13 colonies of the United States of America. Connecticut is one among the six New England states with rich contributions to American culture. The state is famous for great history, beautiful scenery, autumn colors, pretty beaches, rolling hills of the countryside, prestigious universities, and much more. Even an unplanned short trip does not disappoint you. Then why wait, go for a day trip!
We decided to explore this beautiful state by car one fine morning. We were happy that we were able to cover some of the pretty places during our unplanned trip. These photos are from our short and sweet drive in the state of Connecticut on 22nd August, 2022.
Best Things to do
- Mystic Seaport, Mystic: This impressive place is filled with a large collection of historic boats, a working shipyard, planetarium, children’s museum, discovery barn, and re-created 19th-century seafaring village.
- Gillette Castle State Park, East Haddam: The Gillette Castle is a three storied stone structure, looks like a medieval fortress, decorated inside with the built-in couches, table trackway, and wood carvings. More info here.
- Lighthouse Point Park, New Haven: Lighthouse Point Park is a pleasant park in the city of New Haven, Connecticut. The park offers impressive views of the 70 foot lighthouse, enjoyable beach and nature trails, and seasonally operated antique carousel and splash pads. It is a great place for an outdoor picnic. More info here.
- Hammonasset Beach State Park, Madison: It is Connecticut’s largest shoreline park with a two mile soft sand beach front on the Long Island sound. More info here.
- Meigs Point, Madison, Connecticut: Meigs Point is known as a Moraine, offering great panoramic views of glacier boulders along the Long Island Sound, and a family-friendly environmental learning center- Meigs Point Nature Center
- Lynde Point Lighthouse: Lynde Point Lighthouse (Saybrook Inner Lighthouse) is located in Old Saybrook. This lighthouse is on the west side of the mouth of the Connecticut river on the Long Island Sound and offers beautiful views of the Connecticut River
- Saybrook Point Marina: Features great views of both Long Island Sound and the mouth of the Connecticut River, wonderful yachts and boats, a beautiful Lighthouse Suite, nice restaurants, and a pleasant boardwalk.
- Skyline of New London: A charming seaport city with rich maritime history and gorgeous seaside parks.
- Silver Sand State Park: It is a public park located on Long Island Sound in the city of Milford, Connecticut. The state park offers pleasant beaches and dunes, a bird sanctuary, and restored salt marshes.