Babcock State Park is a beautiful park located along the New River Gorge National Park and Preserve at Danese, West Virginia, United States. The park is home to one of the most popular attractions and a fully functional replica of a 19th century mill, the Glade Creek Grist Mill. The park spans 4127 acres of calm mountainous scenery that features a fast running stream in a boulder scattered canyon, alpine vistas, and seasonal wildflowers.
These photos are from our visit to Babcock State Park on May 26th, 2023. We stopped here for a couple of hours after hiking to the Endless Wall Trail in the New River Gorge National Park.
Quick Facts and Tips
- The address is 486, Babcock Road, Clifftop, West Virginia.
- The park is 20 miles southeast of the New River Gorge Bridge.
- Admission to the park is free.
- The park is open year-round, but some facilities may be closed during the winter months.
- The official Park Website is Babcock State Park.
- The mill is open daily from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, except for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day.
- Campsites and Cabins are available.
- Try to visit during the week days to avoid crowds.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Bring water and snacks.
- The picnic tables and restrooms are available.
- It is a great place to go hiking, mountain biking, fishing, camping, and boating.
- Worth visiting if you are around the New River Gorge area.