Myrtle beach is a popular tourist destination along the South Atlantic coast of South Carolina. The Myrtle Beach region is widely known for its 60 mile stretch of gorgeous wide and long white sand beaches. The region offers not only a beautiful coastline but also offers joyous watersports, a large selection of challenging golf links, excellent restaurants, lavish resorts, and outlet-style shopping centers.
These photos are from our visit to Myrtle Beach on Labor day weekend, 2018.
Quick Facts and Tips
- Best time to Visit: Late March to early September
- June to August: Perfect weather, but expensive hotels and crowded shoreline
- March to May: Pleasant shoulder season, warm temperatures, less expensive hotels compared to summer
- September to October: Cooler temperature, less expensive and less crowded
- Fly Into:
- Major Airports: Nearest is Myrtle Beach International Airport, 3 miles away. Other major airports include Charleston about 100 miles away, Raleigh and Charlotte in North Carolina are about 190 miles away can also be considered for better deals
- Regional Airports: Florence Regional Airport, South Carolina about 65 miles away, Wilmington International Airport, North Carolina about 80 miles away, Fayetteville Regional Airport, North Carolina approximately 115 miles away
- Weather is warm, so pack lightweight casual t-shirts, shorts, sundresses, tank tops, capris, skirts, swimsuits, sunscreen, sturdy shoes, rain gears and a light jacket for the cool evenings
- Accommodation: Though there are many great hotels in Myrtle Beach, it is highly recommended to book in advance. Oceanfront hotels offer stunning sunrise views and easy access to the beach. Book the appropriate hotels of your interest that fit your needs and budget best.
- It’s worth getting up early to see a beautiful sunrise over the Atlantic ocean
- Have a beach bag ready with all essentials you may need at the beach to avoid going back and forth to the hotel. Pack towels, sunscreen, water, snacks, a hat, and sunglasses etc
- Start as early as possible to get to the beach so that you can have the perfect spot to enjoy the ocean breeze and warm waves.
- Getting to the beach early in the day will definitely leave you enough room to experience other beach activities later in the day.
- Best thing to do
- Enjoy the beach and capture the memories
- Experience a parasailing adventure of a lifetime and enjoy the bird’s eye view of Myrtle Beach. Private companies like Ocean Watersports, Downwind Sails Watersports run these activities.
- Stroll along the boardwalk and promenade. Myrtle beach state park has a very nice oceanfront boardwalk and offers plenty of watersports and fun activities. Amenities like outdoor showers to rinse off, bathrooms and changing facilities are also available. There will be admission fee of $8 per person
- Explore Other Attractions: Ride on the SkyWheel, WonderWorks Myrtle Beach, Ripley’s Aquarium, Pirates Voyage, SkyWheel, Broadway at the Beach, Brookgreen Gardens, Family Kingdom Amusement Park, Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Mini Golf Courses.
Leave a Reply