Popular and easy hikes in Olympic National Park, Washington
- Hurricane Ridge Meadow Trail: An easy paved 1/2 mile loop trail that opens up to meadows filled with wildflowers and offers views of the fabulous Olympics. Be prepared for snow at any time of the year in Hurricane Ridge. Pictures and more info here.
- Hurricane Hill Trail: This trail starts at the end of the Hurricane ridge road and the trailhead is almost 1.3 miles from the visitor center. The hike is about 3 miles out and back, considered as moderate, and features great views of surrounding peaks. Be prepared for snow at any time of the year in Hurricane Ridge. Pictures and more info here.
- Hoh Rain Forest Hall of Moss Trail: A short, paved, and easy 1.1 mile loop trail through the lush green rainforest of moss-covered trees & ferns in Hoh Rain Forest. Pictures and more info here.
- Spruce Nature Trail at Hoh Rain Forest: An easy 1.2 miles loop trail leads to a path to lush green riverside meadows alongside the mighty Hoh River in the lush Hoh rainforest. Pictures and more info here.
- Ruby Beach Trail: A short hike from the parking lot that offers a sweet and nice climb over rocks and driftwood and lands on the stunning, expansive beach with sea stacks all over. Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes/sandals as the walk is a little steep and also needs to cross the driftwood to access the beach. Pictures and more info here.
- Quinault Rain Forest Nature Trail: A short and easy 0.9 mile trail through the lush green rainforest. The trail opens to the blanket of mosses and ferns that cover the giant old abundant growth trees. Pictures and more info here.
Leave a Reply