Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park is located between Mount Carmel Junction and Kanab which is south and west of the U.S. Highway 89 in southwestern Utah. The park is scenic with warm pink sand dunes and it is about a 30 mile drive from Zion National Park.
During the last week of September 2014, on our way back from Zion National Park we stopped for a couple of hours at the Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park.
Quick Facts and Tips
- Best time to visit: Spring and Fall
- Peak Season: Mid May to early June
- Pants, shorts, or capri, and t-shirts or tank tops. Wearing open shoes, flip flops, or sandals is recommended to avoid sand getting into shoes
- For entry fees and more info, visit the Park Website
- Some private companies run ATV rentals located right next to the visitor center
- Stop by here for a couple of hours if you are visiting Zion National Park. Half an hour (27 miles) from the east entrance of Zion National Park
- Nearby Attractions