Puerto Rico is an unincorporated U.S. territory in the Caribbean islands. San Juan, the capital of Puerto Rico, is the largest city in the island. It is also the busiest and largest cruise port in the Caribbean. Puerto Rico attracts tourists with its rich heritage and dynamic culture. The island has a beautiful landscape of mountains, waterfalls, and colorful Spanish colonial buildings. Make sure to have El Marro and the El Yunque tropical rainforest in your list of places to visit.
These photos are from our Eastern Caribbean cruise trip during the second week of February, 2019.
Quick Facts and Tips
- Make sure you have valid passports, visas and documents.
- U.S. citizens: No visa required, need to carry a valid ID
- For non-U.S. citizens: Need valid passports and visas
- Best Time to Visit: December to June
- High season: December to March
- Affordable season: April to June
- Hurricane season: August to October
- Clothing: Weather is warm, so pack lightweight casual t-shirts, shorts, sundresses, tank tops, capris, skirts, swimsuits, rain gears and light jackets for the cool evenings
- Fly into: San Juan International Airport or Rafael Hernandez Airport
- Port of Call: The Port of San Juan (in Spanish: Puerto de San Juan)
- Best things to do
- Walk around colorful streets of Old San Juan .
- Take a stroll to the historical and cultural site Castillo San Felipe del Morro (slippery when it rains, very windy – skirts and dresses are not recommended).
- Take a look at the magical ceiling of colors at Calle de la Fortaleza.
- Feel fresh at the boardwalk along Paseo de la Princesa.
- Enjoy hiking at Yunque tropical rainforest.
- Have fun at Isla Verde Beach.
Leave a Reply