Jamaica is the third largest island in the Caribbean and attracts tourists with its vibrant culture, stunning turquoise beaches, fantastic weather, lush green rainforest, delicious Caribbean food, colorful varieties of tropical fruits and veggies, and of course: the reggae music. Jamaica is a beautiful tropical country with many popular tourist cities like Montego Bay, Nergil, Ocho Rico, Port Antonio and Kingston. Surely it is a paradise for those who love the sun, sand and sea.
Montego Bay is one of the most attractive cities in Jamaica and is known for its tourism, culture and history. The city is rich with lavish beach resorts, blue skies and turquoise seas, and beautiful white sand beaches. MoBay attracts tourists with its spectacular tropical landscapes with dense rainforests, green mountains, varieties of tropical fruits, colorful gorgeous gardens and the ever-flowing rivers. The city also features historic plantations and great houses that showcase the colonial heritage and culture of Jamaica. Montego bay is packed with all attractive factors for a fun filled vacation that makes the city a perfect tropical vacation destination.
These photos are from our stay at Montego Bay during the third week of April, 2022.
Quick Facts and Tips
- Make sure you have valid passports, visas and other documents.
- Fly into: Sangster International Airport (MBJ), Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Best Time to Visit: December to April
- High season: December to April
- Low season: October to November
- More cost effective: May to November
- Weather is warm, so pack lightweight casual t-shirts, shorts, sundresses, tank tops, capris, skirts, swimsuits, sunscreens, hats, rain gear and a light jacket for the cool evenings.
- Hiking shoes, water shoes, beach sandals or flip flops.
- Some resorts have formal dress codes for dining, pack accordingly.
- Do some research on attractions before booking a resort.
- Book an all-inclusive resort, it will be worth the money.
- Make arrangements for airport transfers prior to your trips. Many resorts offer airport pick and drop off, check with the resort/hotel.
- Have some cash for tipping and shopping at local stores. You can exchange money at hotels/resorts or commercial banks.
- If you are planning to rent a car, note that driving is on the left hand side of the road.
- Book a tour/excursion from your resort. It is worth exploring other places outside the resorts.
- Keep yourself hydrated and stick to mineral water.
- Be prepared for on and off thunderstorms and showers.
- Carry a waterproof case for your phone, camera, and other belongings.
- Avoid getting into a taxi with a stranger that doesn’t have a red number plate.
- Exploring off the track is not recommended in Jamaica. Always try to stick to highly populated areas, tourist areas and stay in groups
- Always go with an experienced guide if you are interested in backpacking/hiking
- Avoid traveling at night.
- Avoid wearing camouflage clothing.
- Best things to do
- Enjoy the beautiful white sand beaches with the clearest shade of blue water and relax at the beach cabanas at Mobay, Nagril, and Ocho Rios
- Go kayaking, parasailing, sailboating
- Book any one or combine tours:
- Dunns’ River Falls, the joy and pride of the Ocho Rios.
- Blue Hole or the Island Gully Falls.
- Grato Green Cave
- ATV tours
- Martha Brae River Rafting in natural rivers’ rough and calm waters.
- Candlelit night tour at Rose Hall Great House
- Jungle Zip Lining
- Boat ride in the Mystic Lagoon
- Rocklands Bird Sanctuary
- Horseback Riding
- River Tubing,
- Bamboo Rafting
- Catamaran Cruising
- Joyful golf at the Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
Leave a Reply