The Endless Wall is truly a special place of endless beauty and wonder. Whether you are hiking, rock climbing, or simply enjoying the scenery, you are sure to be refreshed and inspired by this stunning cliff band that stretches for miles along the New River in New River Gorge National Park and Preserve in West Virginia. The Endless Wall Trail offers hikers stunning views of the river and surrounding forest. The beauty of the natural landscape is breathtaking, and peaceful. The trail winds through a forest that is full of life, with trees of all shapes and sizes, wildflowers in bloom, and wildlife. If you’re looking for a place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life, Endless Wall is the perfect destination.
These photos are from our visit to Sandstone Falls May 26th, 2023.
Quick Facts and Tips
- The Endless Wall Trail offers stunning views of the New River Gorge in New River Gorge National Park, West Virginia.
- The best time to visit Endless Wall is during the spring, summer, or fall when the weather is mild.
- The trail is open year-round.
- The Endless Wall Trail is a 2.4 mile moderate trail located on Lansing-Edmond Road, about 2 miles down from U.S. Route 19.
- There are two interconnected trailheads for the Endless Wall Trail: the Fern Creek Trailhead and the Nuttall Trailhead.
- Fern Creek Trail offers the best views of the New River and has more convenient parking compared to challenging Nuttall Trail.
- Start early in the day to avoid the heat and crowds.
- Wear comfortable shoes with good traction.
- Bring plenty of water and snacks.
- Be aware of your surroundings and watch for wildlife.